The following spaces at Middlesex County Libraries can be reserved for use by the general public:
- Dorchester Library Program Room (download booking form for Dorchester)
- Glencoe Library Program Room (download booking form for Glencoe)
- Komoka Library Program Room (download booking form for Komoka)
- Lucan Library Program Room (download booking form for Lucan)
- Parkhill Library Program Room (download booking form for Parkhill)
- Thorndale Community Room (download booking form for Thorndale)
Booking forms must be printed, completed in full and submitted to the appropriate Branch Supervisor. Requests may be reviewed by the Director of Library Services (or a designate) prior to approval. All events must adhere to Library Policy (Facilities 10) in order to be approved. For more information, contact the library where you wish to book directly.
As of October 2021, COVID-19 protocols are in place for the booking of all library program and community rooms. A capacity limit of 10 participants and mask mandates are in place, as well, all event participants over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information about proof of COVID-19 vaccination, please visit the Province of Ontario's website.
Rules for Use of Rooms
1) All persons associated with the event must agree to leave the building at the times specified when room booking arrangements are made.
2) The library is not responsible for damage, theft or loss of articles or property belonging to persons renting Library rooms and/or to program attendees.
3) All premises must be left in an orderly and clean condition.
4) Groups using the meeting rooms shall secure any necessary performance licences and indemnify the Library for any failure to do so on their part.
5) The serving of liquor is not allowed.
6) No material may be posted on walls or windows of the meeting room.
7) Groups will be responsible for the set up and arrangement of the program room for their meeting and will return the room back to its original state when finished.
8) Groups are responsible for their own audiovisual equipment unless previously arranged with Library.
9) As of September 2021, use of the program room is limited to 10 persons. All those in attendance must follow library COVID-19 rules and protocols including masking at all times, physical distancing, and self-screening for symptoms.
10) As of October 2021, all attendees over the age of 12 will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (vaccination receipt and proof of identification) to library staff or a designate before entering the program room. The person who completes this form and books the room is responsible for informing all attendees of this requirement.