Are you an avid magazine reader?
If you answered yes, then you might want to check out RBdigital!
RBdigital provides full colour, interactive digital magazines for your enjoyment. This free service gives you access to dozens of popular titles to view on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Download magazines like Cosmopolitan, Rolling Stone and O Magazine as soon as they are released and keep them for as long as you like.
Getting Started in Your Browser
1. Head to the digital collections section of the Middlesex County Library website. Scroll down to RBdigital and click on the link:
2. Select Create New Account from the top right corner and enter your library card number. Then, you will need to enter your email address to complete the sign-up process. Lastly, agree to the terms of service.
3. Once you are logged in, you can browse for your favorite magazines. Once you have made your selection, click on the blue checkout button. Next, select Start Reading. Feature alert! 'Subscribe' to a magazine by selecting "Automatically checkout the next issue".
To turn a page, click on the right (or left) side of the magazine viewer page. Zoom in on small text using the maganifying glass in the lower right corner.
On the left of the RBdigital Magazine Online Reader Display you'll see four icons:
1) Table of Contents: click to view by page or by article
2) Bookmark: save your place for next time
3) Text View: view a page or article in a simplfied text format
4) Print: print article or export to PDF for later use
Reading on a Mobile Device
- To read magazines on your mobile device, download the RBdigital app for IOS, Android or Kindle.
- Follow the prompts on the app and select Canada, Ontario and search for Middlesex County Library.
- Enter your card number, and create an account using your email address.
- The app will allow you to browse and view magazines. You can also download magazines onto your mobile device to view while offline.
- The downloaded magazines will take up space on your device, therefore, it is a good idea to delete them once you are done.