What we have
Books by Mail
For those who are unable to get to one of our branches, we offer a Books-by-Mail service. Books are mailed out postage and return postage paid. Four books are sent for a four week loan period.
Renewals can be requested by telephone. Our staff selects books based on the patron’s stated preferences. Specific titles and authors or LARGE PRINT format can also be requested.
For those who are unable to read printed books because of vision or other impairments, we offer audiobooks on CD by mail. Patrons receive two or more talking books by mail, postage and return postage paid. They are selected on the patron’s interests.
Another option is to try our downloadable audio book collection where you can download books to a mobile device or listen to them on your computer.
Long Term Care Collections
Nursing Homes and Adult Day Centres throughout Middlesex County are able to provide their residents with books to read through the library's Deposit service. A collection of fiction and non-fiction (mainly large print) of approximately 100 specially selected titles are delivered and exchanged at these nursing homes six times a year.
For more information or assistance with these services, please email staff at email@example.com or call 519-245-8237 extension 4021.
Centre for Equitable Library Access Collection (CELA)
There is lots of choice including:
- current bestsellers, award-winners and classics
- Fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business and more
- Books for kids, teens and adults
- Books in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
- Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
- Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one's eyes.
NOTE: No documentation is required from your doctor.
You can self-declare your need to access this service and will not be turned away.;
If you have difficulty picking up, or holding a book, you are also eligible.
This service is not limited to persons with visual or learning disabilities.
You can utilize the collection in a number of ways:
- Download books to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPhone
- Download books to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
- Receive audio CDs, Braille or described movies through your local branch or by mail directly to your home.