Dorchester Creative Space
The Creative Space is a place for library patrons to make, create, design, build and play! Everyone is welcome; we ask that children be accompanied by an adult. Unless reserved for library programming, the Creative Space is open during all of the Dorchester Library's open hours.
There is no cost to use the Creative Space technology. At this time consumable materials are available free of charge in limited quantities. You are welcome to bring your own materials for use with the button maker and vinyl cutter; please verify compatibility with staff before use. At this time patrons are unable to bring their own filament for use with the 3D printer.
Creative Space Technology
- Ultimaker 3D Printer (by request)
- 2 computers with the full Adobe Creative Suite
- 2 iPad Pros
- 2 Apple Pencils (by request)
- Vinyl Cutter (by request)
- Button Maker (by request)
- Photo Scanner
- Light Box
Computers & Internet
- All Middlesex County Library branches offer free desktop computer use and free wifi.
- All public computer stations are equipped with Microsoft Office and are connected to the Internet.
- Early Literacy stations or iPads are also available in some branches. Both are preloaded with educational games for children.
- Scanners connected to public desk tops are available in some branches. All branches offer scan to email from their photocopiers.
- Microfilm readers and collections are available in some branches. Learn more on our Local History page.
|Branch||Public Computers||Early Literacy||Flatbed Scanner||Microfilm Reader|
|Mt Brydges||6||2 (iPads)||no||no|
|Strathroy||21||4 (iPads)||yes||yes (2)|
Printing, Faxing & Photocopying
All Middlesex County Library locations offer colour printing and photocopying, scan to email and fax services.
- Black & White Prints/Copies - $0.15 per printed side
- Colour Prints/Copies - $0.25 per printed side
- Local Faxing - $0.50 per page
- Long Distance Faxing - $1.00 per page
- Scan to email available free of charge
*Fee exemptions are available for items related to government services, social services, legal aid, partnership programs and employment services. Please verify exemptions with staff.
technology resources and help
- getting started with the library's eBooks
- using Adobe Digital Editions 4.0
- using the Libby app from OverDrive
- using Freegal
- RBdigital Guide
- how to log into the library's free WiFi network
- using myBlueprint
- using Gale Courses
- using Consumer Reports
- using Pressreader
- using Gale Small Business Reader