Not a Middlesex County Library card holder? You may be eligible for our virtual membership! The virtual library card will give you access to all of our digital collections and online resources. Once the library re-opens, it can be upgraded at any one of our branches, so you can borrow physical library items. Middlesex County residents 14 and older are welcome to complete the simple online application for a virtual card, as well as members of the Members of London, Oxford County, Elgin County, St. Thomas, Lambton County, Huron County, Perth County, and Chatham-Kent libraries, who are at least 14 years old.
Digital entertainment and information that is accessible for free with your library card! These collections can all be accessed on your computer or some by downloading an app to your tablet or smart phone. You have access to:
- Stream movies, TV, courses and kids content with Kanopy
- eBooks & digital audiobooks from cloudLibrary
- digital "Quick Pick" eBooks and audiobooks from Axis360
- eBooks, digital audiobooks, movies, TV & music from hoopla
- newspapers and magazines from PressReader
- home access to Ancestry.ca Library Edition
Learn new skills with Middlesex County Library. Your card gives you access to:
- 4,000+ on-demand video courses designed to help improve skills in the areas of business, tech, and personal development from Udemy.
- over 300 instructor led courses on subjects including Excel, Web Design and Photography from Gale Courses
- expert taught arts and crafts for all ages and skill levels from CreativeBug
- language learning with Mango Languages
- online encyclopedias and databases to support learning at home for elementary & high school students
Not sure what to read next? Want to try something completely new? Middlesex County Library staff are here to help! Complete our short questionnaire and library staff will select 3-5 items just for you to be picked up at a branch, mailed to your home or downloaded from our digital collections.
- Storytimes, virtual experiences and more with Middlesex EarlyON. Follow them on Facebook, subscribe on Youtube or view their calendar of events.
- Online Quizzes every Sunday from 12 pm- 12 am. Links to the quizzes are posted on our Facebook and Twitter accounts, but you do not need to have a Facebook or Twitter account to play. You can view the Facebook post or Tweet on our accounts without signing in and simply click the provided link to play.
- Try Middlesex County Library's Virtual Escape Room!
- Virtual Book Club Facebook group. You need a Facebook account to participate in this group.
- More to come! The best way to stay informed to watch our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Check our Youtube Channel for how to videos and more!
virtual tech support
Can't find the information you need? Not sure which app to download? Need help using the library's digital content? Register for a 1-on-1 Virtual Tech Support Session to work through your technology troubles. Appointments are available every Tuesday between 10 am and 7 pm. Appointments can be up to 45 minutes long. Book your appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 519-245-8237
Library staff are here to help! If you have a question about any of our virtual services, about how to access library materials or changes to library services, please contact us! We can be reached by email at email@example.com, by phone at 519-245-8237, or find more ways to contact us on our Contact Page, including live chat!